After a busy day working nobody wants to spend hours in the kitchen preparing dinner. That doesn’t mean you have to grab a take-away or heat up a ready meal. It is easy to have a freshly cooked meal in less time then it would take to wait for the pizza guy to arrive.
Turkey Satay Stir-Fry
- Preparation time: less than five minutes
- Cooking time: 10-15 minutes
- Serves: 4
- Skill level: easy
- ½ tbsp vegetable oil
- 400g turkey breast strips
- 200g fine beans, trimmed and halved
- 1 orange, yellow or red pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 x 120g pack satay stir-fry sauce
- 2 x 250g pouches of microwave pilau rice
- Heat the oil in a wok over a high heat and add the turkey. Cook for three minutes, stirring until lightly golden.
- Add the beans and peppers and continue to stir-fry for five minutes or until softened.
- Pour in the satay sauce and a splash of water. Continue to cook for 1-2 minutes until the sauce is thick and the turkey is cooked through.
- Heat the rice to pack instructions. Divide the rice between four plates, and serve the stir-fry on top.