On Christmas day your turkey (or other roast) will be the center of attention, but the roast potatoes will be the side dish vowing for that Best-Supporting Dish award. With this in mind, I present this handy video which will help you make roast potatoes so good, they may even steal the show from the turkey.
Domesticated Dad’s other top tips for roast potato bliss
- A few cloves of garlic thrown in among the potatoes will give your roast potatoes a magical garlic lift.
- Use goose fat (if you can find it) to give your roast potatoes a special hint of Christmas Dickens’ style.
- Floury potatoes (Maris Piper, Russet, King Edward, Rooster etc) make the best roast potatoes.
- Get the oil very hot in the roasting tin before carefully putting the potatoes in the roasting tin, and remember to leave at enough time for the potatoes to crisp up (45 mins to an hour).
- Never try to roast a potato with a chicken or a turkey. The moisture from the bird will not allow the potatoes to crisp up properly.
- Roasted Potatoes (theyummytruth.com)