Last week was my birthday, and Domesticated Mum bought me an ice cream machine. So today I took it for a test drive and created what is probably the best, most strawberriest, strawberry ice cream I have ever tasted… And it only took me around 10 minutes plus freezing time.
Strawberries and Clotted Cream Ice Cream
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Freezing time (using machine)*
* times vary depending on what machine you are using, so check your instruction book.
- 250g/9oz ripe strawberries
- 55g/2oz caster sugar
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 225g/8oz clotted cream
- Remove the leafy hulls from the strawberries.
- Put strawberries in a food processor or blender, add the balsamic vinegar and sugar. Blend until smooth.
- Add the cream to the mixture and blend until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate the mixture for the 30 minutes or until well chilled.
- Tip the mixture into the ice cream machine and freeze according to instructions.
- Transfer to a suitable container and freeze until required.
- Day 107 – Balsamic Strawberry Jam (yearofhealthierliving.wordpress.com)
- Raspberry Ice Cream (munchomom.com)