Now that my kitchen has been rebuilt it is time to have my lounge torn apart and modernised. It is not the huge job that my kitchen was, but I am having part of my chimney removed, which could be very messy. So in order for the family and I to avoid living in a construction site, we are moving in to Domesticated Mum’s parents house while they are away on a cruise.
Before I dash off though I thought I would share a quick breakfast recipe from the BBC Good Food magazine for you all to try while I am away. It is not only delicious, but also nutritious, and it only takes about 15 minutes to prepare.
Apple and Sultana Porridge
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 5 mins
- 100g/4oz porridge oats
- 500ml/18 fl oz skimmed milk
- 4 apples, cored and diced
- 100g/4oz sultanas (or raisins)
- few dashes of ground cinnamon to serve
- Put the oats and milk in a small pan and cook, stirring for 3 minutes until almost creamy.
- Stir in the apples and sultanas, then cook for 3 mins more or until the porridge is thick and creamy and the apples are just tender.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon to taste.
- The art of making porridge (dublinmonamour.wordpress.com)