It has been a busy week for me and I have not had any time at all for experimenting in the kitchen (don’t you hate it when your day job gets in the way of your real passion?), still a week in the office means I have had plenty of time to trawl through the newspapers.
And again this week there was plenty of stuff for every food-lover to digest, but I begin with this article from the travel section of The Independent:
The Independent also reports on how we are all eating less salt without even knowing it:
And the Telegraph also has a lovely photo gallery of the Top 10 Restaurants in Britain as well:
Meanwhile over on The Guardian’s Word of Mouth blog we discover what they think is the best bar snack:
DD’s Food Blog of the Week
This week I spent a long time reading Edd Kimber‘s wonderful food blog, The Boy Who Bakes. Which is one of those food blogs that truly inspires you to get into the kitchen and crack on with some cooking… And as Edd is a proven winner when it comes to baking (he won last year’s Great British Bake-Off) you can guarantee there will be enough recipes on there to keep you coming back for more!
- Digest: the “sell-by” date debate, why eating in pubs may make you sick and more (slightlydomesticateddad.wordpress.com)
- 2012 ZAGAT SURVEY: London’s Top 10 Restaurants For Food (businessinsider.com)
- Little chefs: the new gastro generation (independent.co.uk)
- Ledbury wins top London food award as survey finds diners turned off by Twitter (telegraph.co.uk)
- Zagat and Google: A Match Made in Foodie Heaven? (dailyfinance.com)
- Google Buys Zagat Restaurant Ratings Company (accesscomptech.wordpress.com)
- Cookery holidays: Don’t forget your wooden spoon… (independent.co.uk)